When your prospects want to know more about your products and services, who will they believe?
Your sales team or your customers?
That’s a no-brainer – your customers!
Here’s why: Your customers are more objective than your sales team and their perspective is more relevant because it’s based on their experiences as real-life users.
In a B2B case study, customers talk about their first-hand experience with your company and your products/services.
Prospects keep reading and believe what your customers are saying because:
- Quantifiable and anecdotal results are attributed to real companies and real people
- Prospects can relate to the stories, insights and pain points your customers are sharing
- Prospects identify with the solutions and results
- Plain simple language is more believable than over-the-top claims and jargon
And according to Demand Gen’s 2020 Content Preferences Study, B2B buyers increasingly look for credible “show-and-tell” experiences to drive their buying decisions:
- 54% engage with case studies during the buying process
- 51% emphasize the trustworthiness of the source
- 39% get more content from social/peers
- 40% and 39% use case studies for mid- and late-stage research
- 31% will register (provide contact info) to access a case study
- 29% consider case studies the most valuable content for researching B2B purchases