What’s the First Step You Need to Take to Create Successful, Effective B2B Case Studies?
Successful, effective B2B case studies increase sales of the products and services that will grow your company’s top and bottom lines.
First and foremost, you need to identify and assess your sales and marketing goals and strategies.
Ask your sales, finance, and marketing staff which products and services can:
- Boost your bottom line/profitability?
- Grow your top line/volume?
- Increase volumes and profits?
- Benefit from a greater sales and marketing focus?
Ask your sales reps, account managers and customer success staff (they know your customers best!):
- Which industries and niches need your product or service the most?
- Is demand greater in a certain geographic region or country?
- Can your existing team sell into that area?
- What company demographic will benefit most from your product or service?
- How long will it take (3, 6, 12 or 18+ months) for customers to experience benefits such as cost savings, improved efficiency/productivity and enhanced internal/external customer service?
Once you have the answers, you and your teams can develop the criteria you’ll use to select the satisfied customers that will help you reach your sales goals.
- Product or service to be highlighted
- Size of company (sales volumes, # of employees, # of customers)
- # of months or years using your product/service
In the next step, we’ll look at how to ask customers to participate in your B2B case studies: